Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cali, the best little white dog ever

This post is in memory of Cali, the Westie that brought us so much happiness these last 10 years.

My parents and Tessa got Cali right after I went to LMU in August of 2000. They named her Cali since, at the time, Anne and I were both living in California (or at least that's what they told us). She was a shelter dog and my mom won a very competitive lottery to get her. It was clearly meant to be.

The last few months Cali hadn't been feeling so hot and it was eventually discovered that she had cancer. Last weekend she was put to rest. My mom says that she's with Abbey now (our first childhood dog who we had for almost 15 years) and Abbey is telling her how spoiled she was, which is true, but she more than kept up her end of the bargain with lots of love and entertainment. I especially miss watching her run laps around the house like an insane wind-up toy and Tessa getting her to "roooooll over!"

I resisted writing this post because it was so sudden I couldn't wrap my head around it, but after visiting the house and seeing it without her in it, reality sank in.

RIP, Cali. You are and will continue to be missed!

1 comment:

Momma Archer said...

She really was the best, spoiled rotten, little white dog.